“There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.”
– Ernest Hemingway, “On the Blue Water,” Esquire, Apr. 1936
TYR Group specializes in providing professional Tactical Tracker Training to aggressively pursue armed and dangerous fugitives.
The Five (5) Day Tactical Tracker Course is a comprehensive program that focuses on developing competent visual man trackers who operate tactically, both individually or as a member of a team, no matter the environment. Our students acquire basic and advanced visual tracker techniques, tactical knowledge and proper mindset. Additionally, new trackers will gain valuable experience through our practical hands-on training.
For Individuals and organizations tasked with pursuing dangerous subjects, this training is extremely valuable. This course fills a gap created from over-reliance on scent trailing canines and technology.
Our TYR Group Tactical Tracker Training begins by focusing on individual skills that are later integrated into aggressive Tactical Tracking team level tactics and techniques that benefit larger operations.
During this course, students learn how to exploit an incident site allowing them to detect, identify, follow and interpret further evidence trackers call “sign”. Through constant analysis of the track line, students learn how to build a profile as to who the subject is and what they are doing along their route that aids them in anticipating where their subject is heading. This process allows the students to speed up their pursuit quickly to close the distance, allowing them to locate their subject efficiently all while doing it in a tactical manner.
This course is taught completely outdoors. We do not lecture or use power point presentations. In fact, students who attend this course are immersed in the operational environment from beginning to end.
For the students who attend this course, they will become the human advantage who is a trained man tracker that will provide a more well-rounded man tracking capability when integrated along with other assets.
Students who complete the course will be presented with a certificate of completion and qualification badge.
Course Curriculum Includes
- Basic Tracking Terminology used
- Basic Visual Tracking Skills and Techniques
- How to interpret Human Gait
- Identifying and Detecting Visual and Non-Visual Indicators
- Environmental Factors that Affect Sign
- Principles of Tracking
- Track Pursuit Drill
- How to relocate a Lost Track Line
- Mission and Capabilities of the Tracker Squad
- Tracking Operations
- Duties and Responsibilities during the conduct an Operation
- Team Movement Formations
- Individual and Team Movement Techniques
- Immediate Action Drills
- And much, much more.
Your time during the course will be in field conditions. We have compiled a basic list of equipment that you will need during the conduct of the course. This list does not include hygiene items.
- Serviceable Uniform/Clothing (seasonally appropriate)
- Serviceable boots (broken in)
- Binoculars (optional)
- GPS/ Lensatic Compass
- Flashlight with colored lenses
- Load Bearing Equipment
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK)
- Individual Rifle (Empty Magazine – NO AMMUNITION)
- Rifle Magazines
- Assault Pack with a 3-liter Hydration System
- Eye Protection (Clear lens eye protection is recommended)
- Wet weather gear (optional)
- 30 feet of 550 cord
- Protractor for map reading
- Metal Retractable Tape Measure
- Gloves (optional)
- Camouflage stick, compact or cream
- Seasonally appropriate hat, underwear, and outerwear
- Good quality insect repellent with Deet (optional)
- Folding Chair (optional)
- Seasonally appropriate equipment to remain overnight in field conditions.
**Additionally, you will need enough food and water for the entire time in the field.
Your primary instructor will be John Hurth, US Army Special Forces (Ret), and author of the best-selling book “Combat Tracking Guide” published by Stackpole Books.
***** Department of State ITAR regulations requires our Tactical Training to be offered only to US Citizens/Legal Residents. *****
*** Additional course costs will be assessed based on mission requirements if TYR Group instructors need to travel to a hosting organizations location (Airfare, Lodging, etc.). ***
In addition, students who attend this course must be in good physical condition.
At the present time, there are only 10 slots are available. Therefore, sign up now to guarantee placement.
If you are interested in hosting a class, please use the Contact Form to contact us.
If you are interested in attending a class, please Click Here to see all of our scheduled classes.