“There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.”
– Ernest Hemingway, “On the Blue Water,” Esquire, Apr. 1936
The TYR Group Tactical Tracker Level I Course is a hands-on basic visual man tracking course that provides valuable tactical tracking experience in a three-day time period. This course is perfect for those interested in Military, law enforcement, and security tactical training.
Students who attend this intensive three-day Tactical Tracking course learn basic visual tracking skills, proper mindset, and basic tactical tracking tactics and techniques. Ultimately, the goal of this course is to provide trained tactical trackers who are capable of tracking and interdicting armed and dangerous subjects while surviving the inherent danger of pursuits, no matter the environment.
Armed and deadly pursuit operations are not survived or accomplished successfully by machines, weapons, or gear only, but by the individuals and teams who use them. As a matter of fact, the best-equipped warriors cannot always survive or win deadly confrontations without proper knowledge, mindset, and effective training.
Our Tactical Tracker Training includes tactics and techniques that emphasize tracking in all types of terrain. Furthermore, the principles, tactics, and techniques learned in this course will apply to most deadly encounters in a variety of situations and environments.
Our Tactical Tracking instructors provide instruction based on years of knowledge and experience gained from fighting and surviving deadly encounters within small units.
Further, students who complete the Tactical Tracking course will be presented with a certificate upon completion of this 24+ hour course.
Course Curriculum Includes
- Basic Tactical Tracking Terminology
- Basic Visual Tracking Techniques
- Human Gait and Track Interpretation
- Visual and Non-Visual Tracking Indicators
- Factors that Affect Sign
- Principles of Tracking
- Track Pursuit Drill
- The mission of the Tactical Tracker Squad
- Duties and Responsibilities within the Tactica Tracker Squad
- Tracking Element Formations and Movement Techniques
- How to relocate a Lost Track Line
- And much, much more.
Since most of your time will be spent in field conditions we have compiled a basic list of equipment that you will need during the conduct of the course.
- Serviceable Uniform/Clothing (seasonally appropriate)
- Serviceable boots (broken in)
- Binoculars (optional)
- GPS/ Lensatic Compass
- Flashlight with colored lenses
- Load Bearing Equipment
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK)
- Individual Rifle (Empty Magazine – NO AMMUNITION)
- Rifle Magazines
- Assault Pack with a 3-liter Hydration System
- Eye Protection (Clear lens eye protection is recommended)
- Wet weather gear (optional)
- 30 feet of 550 cord
- Gloves (optional)
- Camouflage stick, compact or cream
- Seasonally appropriate hat, underwear, and outerwear
- Good quality insect repellent with Deet (optional)
- Folding Chair (optional)
- Seasonally appropriate equipment to remain overnight in field conditions.
**Additionally, you will need enough food and water for the entire time in the field.
Your primary instructor will be John Hurth, US Army Special Forces (Ret), and author of the best-selling book “Combat Tracking Guide” published by Stackpole Books.
***** Department of State ITAR regulations requires our Tactical Training to be offered only to US Citizens/Legal Residents. *****
*** Additional course costs will be assessed based on mission requirements if TYR Group instructors need to travel to a hosting organization’s location (Airfare, Lodging, etc.). ***
Overall this course is taught outdoors. Furthermore, we do not lecture or use PowerPoint presentations to conduct this course. In fact, students will be immersed in the training environment from the beginning of the course till the end. In addition, students who attend this course must be in good physical condition.
At the present time, there are only 10 slots are available. Therefore, sign up now to guarantee placement.
If you are interested in hosting a class, please use the Contact Form to contact us.
If you are interested in attending a class, please Click Here to see all of our scheduled classes.