If you are an outdoor enthusiast and spend a lot of time outdoors or just concerned about being self-reliant, this basic class is for you. Our Survival and Preparedness Level I Class is designed for anyone regardless of skill level. This class will provide basic life-saving instruction and critical hands-on experience to become self-reliant in a life threatening situation. The class is taught by instructors who have a U.S. Military SERE (Survive, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) background. The class focuses on basic techniques and tools used to plan and survive most situations. This is the first class that in a series of future survival courses that TYR Group will offer.
In this two-day class some of the main topics students will learn are:
- Survival Planning and Prior Preparation
- Popper Mindset
- Health and Welfare when in a Survival Situation
- Signaling to Effect Rescue
- Shelter Building
- Water and Food Sense (procurement and preparation)
This class is conducted in field conditions. Listed below is a basic list of equipment that you will need during the conduct of the course.
- 150 feet of 550 cord
- Fixed Blade Knife 5-9 inches
- Folding pocket knife
- Folding Saw
- Cotton balls and Vaseline Jar (small)
- Eye protection
- Waterproof matches
- Water purification tablets or system
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Notebook and pencil
- Two large Nalgene bottles (preferably clear)
- Shelter making material (i.e. Tarp, Rugged Poncho etc…)
- Emergency Blanket
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad (optional)
- Rugged Outdoor Clothing
- Wet weather gear
- Enough food and water for the entire duration of class
- Any Item you would like to test out
All of our courses are taught completely outdoors. We do not lecture or use power point presentations to conduct our classes. Students will be immersed in the environment from beginning to end. With that said all who attend must be in good physical condition.
If you are interested in hosting a class, please use the Contact Form to contact us.
If you are interested in attending a class, please Click Here to see all of our scheduled classes.