“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.”
– General George Smith Patton Jr
The TYR Group 3-Day Small Unit Tactics/Tactical Medicine level 1 Course is a collaboration between TYR Group and Lone Star Medics. This course combines the essentials skills of Small Unit Tactics and Tactical Medicine to prepare students to survive dangerous encounters. This course will give hands-on tactical experience to individuals and teams in a brief period. As a result, this course is an intense three-day course aimed to give individuals and teams the mindset and tools to survive deadly situations no matter the environment. While also providing students with critical life-saving skills and exposing them to the latest medical equipment.
Armed and deadly confrontations are not survived or won by machines, weapons, or gear, but by the people who use them. As a matter of fact, the best-equipped people cannot survive or win deadly confrontations without proper mindset and effective training.
Our training and tactics emphasize fighting in close terrain but also offers critical Tactical Casualty Care. The principles, tactics, and techniques learned in this course will apply to most deadly encounters in a variety of environments.
Thus, this course gives its students the knowledge and experience of how to fight and survive. We build tacticians who will be capable of quickly analyzing a situation, to figure out and apply the right tactic or technique, to aid in their survival.
This course is taught completely outdoors. We do not lecture or use power point presentations but immerse the students in the operational environment from beginning to end. We also mentor and assess our students throughout the training. Our instructors offer training based on years of knowledge and experience gained from fighting and surviving within small units.
The “human advantage” are who you become.
Further, students who complete the course will be presented with a certificate upon completion of this 24+ hour course.
Course Curriculum Includes
Small Unit Tactics Tasks
- Principles of Patrolling
- Duties, Responsibilities, and Actions within a Patrol
- Use of Silent (Hand and Arm) Signals to Communicate
- Utilizing the correct Movement Formations based on situation and terrain
- Individual and Team Movement Techniques based on situation and terrain
- Designation and Occupation of Rally Points
- Crossing Danger Areas
- Immediate Action Drills based on situation and terrain
- Field Craft: Navigation of Terrain, Use of Cover, Concealment and Camouflage, Stalking, and much, much more.
Tactical Medicine Tasks
- Principles of tactical medicine; as they pertain to operations conducted in rural operations
- Medical pre-mission planning for rural operations
- Patient drags and carries (short and long distances)
- Rapid trauma assessment
- Identify and treat immediate life-threatening injuries
- Identify and treat non-immediate life-threatening injuries related to rural pursuits
- Establishing casualty collection points
- Evacuation considerations and capabilities
- Coordinating with additional resources or support elements
- and much, much more.
Most of your time will be spent in field conditions we have compiled a basic list of equipment that you will need during the conduct of the course.
- Serviceable Uniform/Clothing (seasonally appropriate)
- Serviceable boots that are broken in
- Binoculars (optional)
- GPS/ Lensatic Compass
- Flashlight with colored lenses
- Load Bearing Equipment
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK)
- Individual Rifle (Empty Magazine – NO AMMUNITION)
- Rifle Magazines
- Assault Pack with a 3-liter Hydration System
- Eye Protection
- Wet weather gear (optional)
- 30 feet of 550 cord
- Gloves (optional)
- Camouflage stick, compact or cream
- Seasonally appropriate hat, underwear, and outerwear
- Good quality insect repellent with Deet (optional)
- Folding Chair (optional)
- Seasonally appropriate equipment to remain overnight in field conditions.
**Additionally, you will need enough food and water for the entire time in the field.
Your primary instructor will be John Hurth, US Army Special Forces (Ret), and author of the “Combat Tracking Guide” published by Stackpole Books.
***** Department of State ITAR regulations requires our Tactical Training to be offered only to US Citizens/Legal Residents. *****
*** Additional course costs will be assessed based on mission requirements if TYR Group instructors need to travel to a hosting organizations location (Airfare, Lodging, etc.). ***
Overall this course is taught outdoors. Furthermore, we do not lecture or use power point presentations to conduct this course. In fact, students will be immersed in the training environment from the beginning of the course till the end. In addition, students who attend this course must be in good physical condition.
At the present time, there are only 10 slots are available. Therefore, sign up now to guarantee placement.
If you are interested in hosting a class, please use the Contact Form to contact us.
If you are interested in attending a class, please Click Here to see all of our scheduled classes.