“Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit so long as your men have strength to follow; for an army routed, if hotly pursued, becomes panic-stricken, and can then be destroyed”.
– General Thomas Jonathan “Stonewall” Jackson
TYR Group provides professional Combat Tracker and Counter Tracker training to military units that is essential to survival and the accomplishment of a unit’s mission or operation. Furthermore, TYR Group is the only company whose instructors possess the military background, knowledge, and experience to integrate Combat Tracking effectively with current military systems and doctrine. In other words, we use doctrinal terms and systems and integrate Combat Tracking tactics and techniques that provide units with an enhanced capability for mission success and survival. TYR Groups Combat Tracking and Counter Tracking programs are designed by John Hurth a Retired Special Forces Soldier and author of the best-selling book “Combat Tracking Guide”. The book “Combat Tracking Guide” sells at most Military Clothing Sales and bookstores on US military installations worldwide.
TYR Group will work with you to choose existing programs that we have developed or customize a course to meet your specific needs and training objectives. Our Combat Tracking Courses progress from basic to advanced individual tracking techniques, then transition to collective Combat Tracker tactics and techniques employed as a unit and command & controlled in an operational manner.These programs are only offered to the U.S. Military.
Trained Combat Tracker Capabilities
Trained Military Trackers provide units with human sensors who are able to observe, identify, interpret and follow physical evidence left behind by a subject.
Trained Combat Tracker Teams and Squads have the capability to pursue a subject in an aggressive manner through the employment of specialized tactics and techniques while maintaining security to close the distance between their unit and the subject. Also, trained Combat Trackers provide commanders the essential internal capability to achieve or sustain contact with the enemy, gather information for intelligence purposes, relocate lost or missing friendly personnel and provide force protection.
Operational Combat Tracking Capabilities
Aggressive Combat Tracking Operations support or compliment a full spectrum of larger military operations. Trained Combat Tracking elements possess the capacity and capability to:
- Affect larger Offensive Operations such as Movement to Contact, Attack, Exploitation or Pursuit to achieve or sustain contact with an enemy force.
- Pursue enemy who is attempting to flee from sites where special purpose attacks such as raids and ambushes were conducted.
- Compliment Defensive Operations: through reconnaissance missions to develop the enemy situation forward of friendly unit’s defensive lines.
- Enhance security and force protection measures to provide early and accurate warning of enemy activity around perimeters of Forward Operating Bases.
- Enhance Reconnaissance Operations: such as Route, Zone and Area Reconnaissance to provide critical information to aid units in their Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (IPB) process.
- Enhance CSAR Operations to locate and recover lost or missing friendly personnel and liberate them back to friendly control.
- Detect IED’s, Mines and Booby Traps by visual means.
- Locate enemy caches.
- Backtrack to locate the point of origin where a subject came from before an incident occurred.
- Detect when the subject is employing Counter Tracking tactics and techniques and mitigate its effects during a pursuit.
Counter Tracking Courses
TYR Group provides Counter Tracking Courses to military units whose mission will require skills to evade a pursuing enemy forces. Counter Tracking is the employment of tactics and techniques used primarily to slow down, confuse, lose or eliminate a tracker. Our training provides units with vital hands-on experience aimed to provide individuals and teams the mindset and tools to survive and evade in a high threat situation no matter the environment.
Most Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) training focuses on survival, resistance, escape subjects rather than evasion. Our Counter Tracking course fills this gap. Furthermore, personnel who attend this course can expect to receive training on conducting passive and aggressive Counter Tracking techniques. Students will learn and practice proper evasion mindset and terrain analysis intended to aid in an evasion situation. Additionally, students gain experience through the application of different Counter Tracking tactics and techniques that aid an evader against a capable tracker element.
Just like all our tactical training, this course evolves in a manner that starts at the individual skill level and gradually progresses to applying tactics and techniques to aid in evading as a member of a team.
No matter the operational environment we have a program to meet your training objectives.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information concerning our Military courses.
***** Due to Department of State ITAR regulations, all Tactical Training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents. *****